Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, a diligent, hardworking Threat Preparedness Task Force has been developed to help keep the community safer for any possible future disasters that may occur. The task force works with local, regional, state, and federal emergency responders to ensure communication and protect the residents of Harrison County. As a citizen, the best action is to be prepared with the right equipment and knowledge.
- A Family Emergency Guide Booklet is available for your guidance. Please feel free to call the health department to receive a copy or go to ready.gov.
- Brochure Preparing for Pandemic Flu and other Emergencies
- WV Center for Threat Preparedness Website www.dhhr.wv.gov/healthprep
Some of the Threat Preparedness Activities include:
- Six County Regional Collaboration
- Collaboration with local police, fire,and OES with County Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Emergency/Tabletop Exercise and Drill Participation and Trainings
- Health Department Threat Preparedness Task Force